Have your say on the board’s strategic plan | Liverpool City Champion
Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun said that Draft Community Strategic Plan 2022-2032 outlines the community’s vision and priorities for the city over the next 10 years and encourages the community to have a say in the plan.
“While 2032 seems far in the future, the reality is that the work begins now and I will continue to advocate and take action on behalf of my community to ensure Liverpool continue to evolve into a better place to live, work and thrive.” , said Mr. Mannoun. mentioned.
“These are exciting times and I encourage you to stay engaged with Liverpool‘s future. Phase two of the Community Strategic Plan will focus on getting feedback on the draft plan through an online survey via Liverpool Listens as well than a community consultation session.”
The plan outlines four community-led strategic goals:
- Healthy, inclusive, engaging: A healthy, inclusive and engaging city.
- Liveable, sustainable, resilient: a high quality, affordable, well-planned livable city, incorporating technology, providing an improved transportation network and protecting and enhancing the city’s natural environment to accommodate future generations.
- Prosperous, Innovative Evolution: A vibrant, thriving and strong local economy with local employment and education opportunities.
- Leader, accountable, visionary: a board that drives best practices for its processes with effective and efficient service delivery to the community
Mannoun said the community strategic plan was shaped by an “expanded” community engagement program in 2021, which saw nearly 3,000 residents share their vision and aspirations for the city’s future.
“In addition to residents, community groups and leaders from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, as well as council staff, were also invited to speak,” he said.
“I want to personally thank everyone who took the time to contribute to this plan – we are certainly an inspired community with a shared passion and goal to build a better future.
“I encourage you all to read the community strategic plan and share your thoughts with us. This is our city, our vision and our future, so we want to make sure we get it right.”
- Residents can consult the draft plan and give their opinion HERE
- There is also a community feedback session on the draft Community Strategic Plan 2022-2032 on May 12 (5:30-7:30 p.m.) at Liverpool City Library. REGISTER HERE before May 5th.